Matild Palace – A Luxury Collection Hotel
Opening in March 2021, Matild Palace will redefine the notion of elegance in Hungary. With its commitment to inspire guests with the rich history, culture and flavours that represent Budapest perfectly, the hotel will combine luxurious surroundings with authentic experiences and exceptional lasting memories, creating the most perfect gateway to the city.
A Treasured Legacy
The celebrated icon of the Belle Époque era, Matild Palace, and the mirroring Klotild Palace was developed under the patronage of Her Imperial and Royal Highness Maria Klotild of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, Archduchess of Austria.
– The first elevator started operating in this building.
– A revolutionary construction technique for its time: constructed with a steel metal structure, then clad in decorative carved stone.
– Matild Palace has the first coffee house and shopping center opening after WW2.
– The marvelous Hungarian writer, Gyula Krúdy produced the main bulk of his fictional work “The Adventures of Sindbad” in the palace.
– Matild Palace is listed as a UNESCO world heritage site and is under monument protection.